Swiss Biosafety Network (SBNet)
Who Are We?
The Swiss Biosafety Network SBNet is an independent, national organisation open to all biosafety and biosecurity professionals including engineering and maintenance staff.
SBNet aims to maintain a high level of biosafety and biosecurity by sustaining and supporting implementation of applicable and practical solutions.
SBNet will achieve this by:
- Exchanging first-hand information on the practical aspects of biosafety and biosecurity;
- Representing the members’ interests in biosafety and biosecurity;
- Acting as an interface between the authorities and institutions that have to implement biosafety and biosecurity measures;
- Counseling the national authorities and organizations in all practical aspects of biosafety and biosecurity;
- Fostering relations with national and international organisations.
SBNet will facilitate this by:
- Organising annual applied biosafety meetings;
- Building an active biosafety network;
- Providing a professional platform for engineering and maintenance staff;
- Drawing up and compiling position papers for the government;
- Promoting discussions on emerging biosafety and biosecurity topics;
- Initiating new and/or alternative solutions for applied biosafety.