Dear ABSA Affiliate Officers;
The Chesapeake Area Biological Safety Association (ChABSA) is pleased to once again offer remote viewing of our Technical Series Seminars this year to all ABSA affiliates. ChABSA is excited to provide our local, national and global members with a variety of Biosafety related development seminars in the areas of Biosafety related techniques and oversight, Biosecurity and Biosafety related Science. Similar to other ABSA affiliated events, attendance to any ChABSA Technical seminar will count toward the Credentialing Maintenance (CM) Points For the Professional Biosafety Certification (RBP/CBSP) and other Professional Safety Certifications (CIH/CSP). ChABSA has partnered with the Alliance of Hazardous Materials Managers (AHMP) Cyber Chapter to allow participants to view and participate in each of our technical seminars.
The dates for the upcoming ChABSA Technical Seminar Series for the 2020-2021 year are:
- September 15, 2020
- November 17, 2020
- December 2nd, 2020 (see presentation info below)
- January 14, 2021
- March 9, 2021
- May 11, 2021
ChABSA will provide updates regarding the content of each seminar dates listed above in the near future. Due to the challenges of the Global Novel Coronavirus Pandemic ChABSA is pleased to offer access to all “Virtual Only” Technical Seminars free of charge for all ABSA affiliated members. ChABSA would appreciate it if you filled in your ABSA affiliation information when you register for this event using the link information below. If you are interested in supporting ChABSA to help off-set the cost for providing these virtual seminars, please register for a ChABSA membership. Membership registration information is below.
ChABSA, the Chesapeake Area Biological Safety Association, is an incorporated, non-profit organization that is an affiliate of the American Biological Safety Association (ABSA) established in 1987. It’s members span many different professional disciplines in Public, Private, Academic, Military and Commercial business sectors. Many of our ChABSA members have become Presidents and Council members of ABSA.
The benefits of becoming a ChABSA member include:
- Free remote access to all of our Technical Seminars (5 total which will provide 2.5 CM points)
- Reduced pricing for our Annual Scientific Symposium and Pre-Symposium Workshop Professional Development Classes
- Email notification of local Maryland, DC, Virginia Biosafety related job opportunities
- Ability to volunteer within several different ChABSA related planning committees to increase member networking opportunities
Membership registration is done directly through our webpage (www.ChABSA.org) or by clicking on the following link: https://www.chabsa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7&Itemid=156
ChABSA has three different membership options:
- Student Membership: A matriculated student with an interest in biological safety shall be eligible for Student Membership. Student Members shall neither have the right to vote nor the right to hold elective office. Cost: $5.00
- Individual Membership: Any person with an interest in biological safety shall be eligible for Individual Membership. Individual Members shall be eligible to vote, to hold office, to serve on committees, and to enjoy other rights of the Association. Cost: $25.00
- Corporate Membership: Any company or organization with an interest in biological safety shall be eligible for Corporate Membership. Each Corporate Member may designate up to three persons as Individual Members. Each of these three individuals shall be eligible to vote, to hold office, to serve on committees, and to enjoy other rights of the Association. Cost: $75.00
Additional ChABSA information can be found on the internet by visiting ChABSA’s main webpage: www.ChABSA.org
December 2nd , 2020 Seminar Information:This is a virtual only meeting!!!!